Are USC Fans Happy About Lane Kiffin? The Song Girls Aren't Sure Yet

A couple of days ago I consoled Tennessee fans that felt left at the alter by psuedo-wunderkid Lane Kiffin's abrupt departure. But then I started thinking about USC fans. Can you really be that excited about this guy? He honestly has never done anything of value besides putting together a really good coaching staff and pulling in highly rated recruiting classes (at least according to Rivals).

But Bill Callahan had really good recruiting classes at Nebraska before he got fired. Ron Zook's recruiting classes at Illinois have been so good people are sure he's cheating. Yet his teams just haven't been that good. So bringing in talent is only part of the deal. You also have to do a little coaching. So with all of the star power USC puts on the field, Kiffin is going to have to prove he can coach. I'm not sure he can. And I think these Song Girls and cheerleader agree with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment