Review: Algemarin Dry Shampoo

Some of you requested a review on the Algemarin Dry Shampoo I received for Christmas, and here it is!
  
 please don't mind the torn label, I got curious about what was underneath it xD

It costs around 9$.


The claims:   
 "Penetrate the hair absorbing excess oil and dirt, leaving a clean sensation. Hair regains volume and lightness in minutes."

 How to use:

"Shake well before using. Cover shoulders with a towel. On dry hair, spray powder from roots to tip, proceeding strand by strand at a distance of 12 inches (30 cm). Shake regularly during the process. Let stand for 2 minutes then eliminate the product with a dry towel and a brush."

First of all, here are some pictures of my hair before using the product:

 

gross, isn't it? xD

While I had the dry shampoo on my hair for about 2 minutes:




And here is the final result:


 Pros:
  • quickly absorbs oil
  • adds texture to hair
Cons:
  • I didn't notice a difference in volume or lightness
  • it's annoying to always have to shake during the process
  • hair didn't feel totally clean (it doesn't replace a good shower)
  • if you don't cover your shoulders, you will end up with powder all over your shirt and arms
  • you have to thoroughly brush your hair after letting the product stand for 2 minutes, otherwise you will end up with white powder residues
I know, in my opinion, there's more cons than pros to this product, but overall, it's a good dry shampoo. This is my first experience with dry shampoo, and I must say that I'm quite pleased! I would definitely repurchase it, because it's a great time saver, and I absolutely need to stop washing my hair everyday because it makes my scalp freak out and it shorten the life of my hair color. What I'm saying is that I'm sure there's better dry shampoos out there, but this one does its main job: absorbing oil and dirt, and I'm perfectly fine with it.

Packaging: 3/5
Quality: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Rating: 4/5  
Repurchase or recommend? yes

★★★★/5

No comments:

Post a Comment