Tag: Summer Besties


I'm not a big fan of tags (even though I enjoy reading them), but I've seen this one on YouTube and on some blogs and I thought it was quite interesting so I decided to give it a go!

Favorite summer...


Lip product - MAC Lazy Day Lustre Lipstick I was extremely lucky to win this gorgeous lipstick from Kim. Because of my dry lips, I don't wear lipstick as often as I would like to, but this one is definitely a favorite of mine. It's a perfect pale pink that doesn't make me look like a ghost even though I'm pale, and I like its glossy finish.

Blush - Annabelle Mineral Powder Blush - Au Naturel I've never been a big fan of mineral makeup because it tends to be a mess to use, but I love this blush regardless. Yes it goes everywhere on the bathroom counter when I try to put it on, but the color is just so natural and perfect, it's definitely worth it. This blush is easily buildable and provides a natural and radiant glow thanks to its slightly shimmery finish.


Nail Polish - Barry M Nail Paint in Mushroom Barry M is not available in Canada as of yet, but I was very lucky to receive this nail polish to try and review. It's one of the best drugstore nail polish I have tried so far! It lasts a week with minor chips, the formula is great and you barely need two coats to achieve perfect opacity. Mushroom is a super pretty taupe shade that has quickly became a staple of mine.

Bronzer - Annabelle Zebra Bronzing Powder in Haute Gold (the original question was "Liquid face product" but I don't use any) I reviewed this a long time ago, and even if I had the chance to try numerous bronzers in the meantime, I always go back to this one. It is perfectly shimmery and even if I'm fair, this bronzer gives a natural glow to my face without overdoing it.


Powder face product - Sheer Cover Mineral Foundation SPF 15 - Bisque I normally don't wear foundation, but I like to swipe this one on to absorb the oil on my face when it's hot outside. It also has SPF 15 which is great, because I don't have to apply a greasy sunscreen before going out.

Hair product - Batiste Tropical Dry Shampoo As I have super greasy roots, I fell in love with dry shampoos a long time ago, but I haven't had the chance to try Batiste until very recently - not to mention it's pretty hard to find here in Canada. Batiste is perfect: even if my hair is dark brown, the white residues are easy to brush out, and my hair is left volumized, texturized and clean for hours. With other dry shampoos, there was always a problem, but Batiste solved it all. I have tried Batiste Original, Blush and Tropical, and out of the three, Tropical is my favorite as it smells fresh and citrusy. The on the go size is also perfect to throw in my handbag.


Eye product - Too Faced Eye Shadow - Sitcom Siren When it's all hot and sweaty outside, I don't feel like putting makeup on and I tend to get lazy, that's why I like to rely on Sitcom Siren: it's a pretty taupe eyeshadow that applies like a dream and blends really well. It's a great natural shade to apply all over the lid when I'm in a hurry.

Self Tanner - Clarins Intense Bronze Self Tanning Tint For Face and Décolleté I bought this bronzer recently at Clarins 2011 Spring Warehouse Sale for $13 instead of $32 because I have never heard of a tint bronzer before. I'll be honest: the application is awful - because it's a tint, you have to be quick and apply the product exactly where you want because when it's put, it stays put - you can't blend it. I know it was meant for the face and décolleté, but I really wanted to try it all over my body, and I wasn't disappointed: it really gives a dark tan without looking orange. It's a hassle to reapply it every week thought because of tint formula but I have yet to come across a bronzer that gives me better results.


Fashion accessory - Claire's Adjustable Humming Bird Ring I won this ring from Em about a month ago, and I'm absolutely in love with it! I've never been a big ring wearer but I never had something similar to this and it is sooooo gorgeous. I love its vintage vibe and the little sparkly stones are super pretty!


Clothing piece - Garage denim shorts I don't think I have ever bought denim shorts as I prefer to simply cut off the legs of old jeans that I don't wear anymore. Why waste something that still fits? I love the look of denim shorts, they go well with everything, and I even wear them in the winter with leggings or stockings.

L - R: Lazy Day, Au Naturel, Haute Gold, Bisque, Sitcom Siren




The winner of my LoveMode.com giveaway is...



Yey! Congrats hun!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment