DIY Honey Face Mask

Honey is great for your skin, as it contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and C and it is a good source of antioxydants. It also has the ability to act as a humectant (attract moisture) and it has natural anti-inflammatory effects. Honey has natural properties that help alleviate redness and calm irritated skin and both provides gentle, skin-renewing exfoliation.

You can use honey on your skin in various ways: mixed with milk for a soothing mask; mixed with oatmeal to relieve dry skin;  mixed with olive oil and sugar or salt for an all-natural scrub... but I wanted to try using only honey as a face mask this time(I did this yesterday night).

You only need a tiny amount of honey as it's pretty sticky and a little goes a long way.


I used a spoon to apply the honey because I figured it would be easier than with sticky fingers.

I let it on my face for about 15 minutes, and to my surprise, it was pretty easy to remove with lukewarm water. I thought it would do a sticky mess! I then applied my toner and night cream as usual, and I woke up to soft and moisturized skin! The redness and the dry patches on my face was gone! This is so amazing as I'm always fighting with dry, red and itchy skin in the winter... I'll be using honey as a face mask once a week for the rest of the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment